The Alio the Woodcutter iPhone app is a very original and unique puzzle game. In the game you will take the place of the lovable Lumberjack Alio as he strives to cut down all of the trees and still be able to make it back to his truck. Your goal is to be able to strategically help him cut all of the trees down without blocking your path back to your truck, otherwise you will be stuck out in the woods! There are few rules that you have to follow in order to beat each level, so it is not as easy as it looks. First of all, whatever direction that Alio is facing is the direction that the tree will fall, you can’t decide which way you want it to go down otherwise. Also, Alio is a stubby little character and can’t cross fallen logs. He is also much to heavy (while holding that large axe) to be able to cross the rivers without making a bridge out of a fallen log. You will need to carefully place your fallen logs in order to create the appropriate path for your little woodcutter.
This game offers a variety of different puzzles and mazes that will take you a little while to figure out. It also shows the direction the water is flowing to help you see where your logs will be carried. The graphics are fun and simple, and the gameplay is very easy to pick up. Go grab your axe and start cutting!
- This game is very fun but you have to remember some certain rules in order for you to master it
- First of all, trees only fall the same direction that Alio is facing
- Alio can’t go past a tree that he has cut down unless it is a bridge over water
- Trees can’t fall onto other trees
- Alio can’t go over the river without a bridge
- After you beat all of the open levels, new levels can be unlocked for you to test your skill in
- This game features over 50 different levels. It starts out easy but then gets very challenging as you try and make it through the maze and accomplish all of the different tasks
A fun little strategy game that will keep you busy for quite a while. Gotta cut all those trees down!
Voted 4 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $2.99 to download.