The Archetype iPhone app is one of the best first person shooters out on the iPhone. Go ahead and download it and give it a try.
- This game has been completely optimized so that it works on the iPhone 4. You can maximize your experience by using the retina display to view better textures, high resolution images, and crisp on-screen HUD. Every time that you get a head shot you will be amazed by how good the game looks
- One of the funnest parts of this game is the ability you have to play in multi-player death matches. These little games can support up to 5 on 5 in two different teams
- You can also play some pretty intense team battles that will take place across over six different maps. You also will be able to utilize six different weapons that include the likes of the missile launcher, melee axe, shotgun, precision and battle rifles, and the auto mag. There are also a couple different grenade types
- One of the new things int he game is the support center for the entire game. You will be able to also take part in the multiplayer matching process. You will be able to access leaderboards as well as the achievements
- There is also a brand new arena that you can take advantage of that has everything to do with shotguns. This is a fun single-weapon mode where you can go crazy
- There is another new story mode which can be unlocked by beating the online campaign mode. You will be able to see the story behind Archetype through the messages and logs
- Another new part of the game is the chapter two frontier. You will be able to do some in-app purchases to double the levels, add new gameplay modes, and also get another story mode
- The controls in the game are very precise and you will be able to enjoy the joystick feel of them. You can get the hang of these controls in no time
- You also will be able to earn experience for winning your games and then you can start to rank up and even win some pretty cool medals
- You can use the radar that is on the screen to be able to track your enemies and see where they are going.
This app has been given an overall rating of 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars by people that have played it and reviewed it. The game currently costs around $0.99 to download onto your iPhone.