Cut the Rope Android Apps News
Cut the Rope is superb app found for both the Android and the iPhone and has found massive user response from both the free users of the ad enabled version as well as the paid version. It appears to be becoming less rare for an app to go into the mega-amount sales bracket as more developers create fun and lively games targeted at the kid in all of us. The game is just as simple as an Angry Birds, has very clean and colorful graphics and entertaining music. This may very well be the exact combination that developers need to stick to until the public becomes over saturated with the formulaic process.
In the meantime
Here is another fun app that you should throw on your smartphone. It is just difficult enough to pose a fun challenge and not raise the blood pressure, so it’s great for all ages and possibly all medical conditions.
Cut the Rope for Android and iPhone
Cut the Rope is another example of what good development can produce. The ZeptoLab team has already won awards for Cut the Rope and is continuing to see great success with its recent additions to the Android Market. There’s a few game apps out there that really set the bar for what developers should be aiming for and this app is one of them.
It’s better to just go ahead and get the one dollar version and avoid the ads of the free version. Ads really detract from the fun and suspension of disbelief of the game.
Categories: Android Apps Games Tags:
Guerilla Bob is a new app available for android phones that is quickly gaining a lot of popularity. It is a multi-player game and is also available on the apple line of smartphones and tablets. The multi-player feature allows people in the local area all to be on the same game at the same time. It has simply controls including a virtual joystick as well as automatic aim when tapping the right hand of the screen.
- Easy to play
- Great Controls with a Virtual Joystick
- Global Scoring
- Leader Boards
- Local Area Multiplayer
The more bad guys shot and the longer that Bob stays alive means the more points the players will receive. It’s a fun game and its simple platform makes it enjoyable and not too complicated. The graphics of the game are awesome, and the game play does not slow or lag. It is a part of the OpenFeint global leader boards and all scores can be uploaded to see where users rank in comparison to other global players. Price is $2.99.
Developers are using Adobe AIR Android app to help them create some pretty incredible new apps. This helps them to have more storage space, to make more quality apps and games, and also to transfer them across platforms. This is the next generation of apps so it is important to get it on your phone so that it will be able to handle all of then new things that will be coming out for it.
- The point of this app is to install it so that you can enjoy some of your favorite we apps while you are using your Android phone
- You can learn a lot more about what all Adobe AIR can do at the official site, but this is the actual app that allows you to play those apps that have been developed using it
- Once you click install on the app you will be agreeing to the license agreement and therefore will be subject to it
- The biggest feature of this app is that it will open a lot more doors for your favorite developers to create tools and other development objects from Adobe AIR and to target certain games that can be transferred across platforms
- Be prepared, however, because it is a pretty big file that you will have to download in order to get it onto your phone
This app might be sort of a weird download if you don’t know what it is. Essentially, Adobe AIR is one of those development runtime apps that runs over the top of Android in order to allow games and other apps that use AIR to be developed into your phone. This app is only for devices that are 2.2 or above and is a great way to usher in the next generation of app and game development. This type of platform will greatly enhance the level and quality of applications that are created for the device and will allow the apps to process more power as well as contain more storage space. Really, this is just an appendage to your smart phone to make it even smarter. The only real downside to this app is that it is a pretty big file to download onto yoru phone. It is a total of 16mb once it is installed and there is no option to put the apps on the SD card in order to help save space.
This app has been given an all-around rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars by Android app users. One of the other great things about the app is that it can be downloaded onto your smart phone for free.
The Box.net Android app is a web based service allowing you to view and share files.
- The Box.net Android app is a cool little application that lets you share and view different files. You can browse through the files on box if you want
- You can also view documents, media, and other sorts of files while using the app. They even give you up to 5 GB free
- In order to share files you simply email the link to other people so they can click on it and then view it
- You can also upload any files that you want right to the device which is nice and makes your smart phone that much more convenient
- You can also use the search feature to look through many different files if you would like
- You can also manage, share, and collaborate all of these files through the online version of the app
- The user interface is clean and easy to use and the setup of the app is really simple
The Box.net Android app has quite a bit going for it. For one, being able to share the files is a nice touch. You can do it easily by just viewing the file and then clicking the little arrow on the right side of the file name. Once you do that the share option will come up and you will be able to see a bunch of different bluetooth and mail accounts. You can send the link to the file through email and then your friends and family can open it up and see what you’ve sent to them. The only problem is that the links are not password protected so you will want to be careful the kinds of things you are sending links to. On the other hand, viewing the files sent to you can be a bit of a pain. Most of the files that are sent are directed to other sorts of programs and the office documents come up in preview form. The web version of this app works perfectly but it looks like these bugs weren’t figured out for the Android app. Also, the app has some functionality issues and you can’t decided whether to download files or actual folders.
This app has been given a rating of 3 out of 5 stars by Android app users that have tried it out and used it quite a bit. The other nice thing about the app is that it is completely free to download onto your mobile phone.
The NAVIGON MobileNavigator USA Android app is a complete navigation app that will get you anywhere you want to go.
- The NAVIGON MobileNavigator USA Android app essentially turns your phone right into your own personal navi system that you can use for all of your traveling needs
- You can use the text to speech function in order to have the app read back your written instructions and have it also read you the directions on how to get there
- You can also pull up the traffic live feature in order to see what kind of traffic updates are linked to the route you are taking
- You can also use the reality scanner so that you can take accurate routes and or take multiple routes
- There is also the Reality View Pro feature that you can use as well
- One of the nice things about the app is that the NAVTEQ maps are actually all offline maps so you won’t have to worry about using a lot of data when you are trying to get around from place to place
- The voice directions are excellent and you will love having a complete navigation system right at your fingertips
This navigation app is actually pretty decent when compared to the other ones that are currently out there. The feel of this app is a little bit different because it has a ton of features that you would find on a device that is dedicated just to GPS and navigation. If you are into just the basic GPS nav app that works precisely but doesn’t add all of the fluff of travel itinerary and crap like that then this is the app for you to get. It gets the job done and will get you to where you need to go. There are some gripes that users have had with this app however. For one there is no integrated voice function to use so you have to manually type everything in that you are looking for. The other problem is that the POI search isn’t very efficiently categorized so you may get a little bit lost when looking through those. And last of all there is no icon that is actually listed in the notifications area when it is being used so you could potentially drain out your battery really quick if you aren’t very careful.
This app has been given a rating of 3.75 out of 5 stars by Android navigation app users that have tried the app out and downloaded it onto their phones. The app also costs $39.99 during the two week promotion price, other than that it costs $59.99 to download onto your smart phone.
The Kik Messenger Android app takes after the blackberry messenger and lets you see when other people have read your message.
- The best part about this messaging app is that it is completely free. This is a cool messenger that takes after the cross platform BlackBerry Messenger
- The setup for installing and putting this app onto your phone is actually very easy to do
- The other nice thing is that it will actually work really well across three different platforms. This includes the Blackberry, the Android, and also the iOS
- One of the nice things that it does is that it will actually send you a notification whenever you are signing up for other contacts that are also using Kik messenger
- The messenger app will also run in the background of the phone so that it will notify you of new messages while using the notification bar at the top of the screen
- You can also see when someone else has opened up and has read your message because you will actually be notified.
The Kik Messenger is awesome because it is a cross-platform app that has been developed around the idea of the Blackberry Messenger. Have you ever sent out a message to someone and wondered if they ever even got it? The cool thing about this app is that it will let you know when you message has been sent and delivered and also if the person actually opened up and read your message. You can also see when the other person is currently typing to you. You will be able to see a mixture of the messages that you have in the background as well as show you the notifications across the top of the screen. The whole point of the Kik Messenger app was to make text messaging a more real-time chat or conversation rather than a standard statement. They have said that the next thing they will implement is that of music. The main gripes to this app are that you can only share text messages but you can’t send pictures or videos. Also, you can’t control the initial notifications that are sent out and there isn’t a lot of value in keeping it installed on your phone for the moment.
This app has been given a rating of 4 out of 5 stars by Android app users that are looking for a better messenger app. The game is free to download off of the Android app marketplace.
Did you love the game Pac Man? Well Pac Man wouldn’t stand a chance against EVAC for Android. Stealthily avoid your enemies and find an exit as quickly as possible1
- The EVAC game is an exciting arcade adventure for gamers of any skill level or background. You will have to take your little neon character and run through all kinds of colorful mazes in order to find an escape route
- You will be chased by security forces that come in the form of angry red devices. You will have to try to use some stealth techniques in order to avoid these bad guys and make it to where you want to go
- You can create traps for you enemies by using the yellow blocks or shock them to fight back and destroy them, or you can just run around as fast as possible to collect the dots and get out
- This is like pac man on steroids and it is a ton of fun to play because there is a lot of strategy involved
- This is a great game for casual as well as advanced gamers that want a challenging game to add to their arsenal
When you first start playing this game you will think it is a Pac Man clone because it looks much the same. The similarities between EVAC and pac man stop at collecting dots and running away from angry mean squares. The whole point of the game is to try and find an exit out of the arena. This brings a new kind of challenge to the game and it can actually be pretty difficult. You will be able to use a lot of cool tricks however, including hiding behind black squares and also pushing the yellow squares around in order to block the angry red squares. You can use a certain amount of shocks to fight back against your enemies by zapping them and stopping them and then it will destroy them. You can also use ghost powers that will make you invisible to all of the baddies running around. The main gripe that this game has is that the file downloads are actually pretty big. But the one bonus is that it will support moving the app to the SD card as long as you have froyo.
This has been rated one of the best Android apps out on the market right now. It currently has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars by Android app users and it is free to download to try out and then it costs $1.56 after that.
The Plug Headphones app is a great way for you to make your music listening experience on the Android that much more simple. All you have to do is just use the app to designate a certain media player and it will open up automatically every time that you plug in your headphones. This also works for when you have a bluetooth earpiece that you connect. You can use whatever media player you like in order to save yourself a few mindless clicks.
- This plug headphones app is a really cool lifestyle app that you can use to open up your favorite media player every time that you plug in your headphones.
- This app works with bluetooth headsets as well as long as you have an Android device that is 2.0 or better
- Essentially this app will auto launch whatever media player that you have designated.
- You can also use this app to bring up a navigation app, a calling app, or any other app that you would like to open up every time a Bluetooth earpiece is hooked up or you plug in your headphones
- You will never have to look up your little music app ever again on your phone! It is simple and yet so very convenient
- Definitely worth checking out, especially since it isn’t very expensive
This is a very simple app for the Android that will allow you to launch an application that has been installed. You can pick which app to launch from your list whenever you are plugging in your headphones. Another cool feature that this app has is that you can set it so that it launches an app even if it detects a Bluetooth earpiece that has been connected. This is for all Android devices that are 2.0 and above. This is just a convenience app that is nice because it saves you from having to click a few more times to find your media player that you prefer over the others. The only thing you have to be careful of is if you use your headphones for something other than listening music because it will always open that same app every time that you plug your headphones in.
This app has been given a rating of 3.9 stars out of 5 stars by Android app users that have downloaded the game and tried it out. The game also only costs $1.49 to download onto your smart phone.
The JellyBalls Android app is a great way to pass the time for the casual gamer. It involves popping balls of the same color. Once you start you won’t be able to stop!
- This is a very casual game that you can play by yourself, against the computer, or against friends, where all you are doing is trying to pop the same colored balls.
- There are a variety of different gameplay modes that you can play including the Continuous mode, the break the shield mode, the look up at the ceiling mode, and the get them all mode
- All of the modes can be a fun way for you to waste time and play on your mobile phone when you are out and about
- The game provides hours and hours of different gameplay and you will love all the options that you have. There are global leaderboards that you can look at to see who the best in the game are
- The game is actually pretty addictive and will be the perfect fit for the casual gamer
This JellyBalls Android app game is actually a really fun way to waste some time. The whole point of the game is to simply burst the bubbles and scores as many points as you possibly can. The fewest amount of bubbles that you can pop are two in a row. One of the cooler things about the game is that you can actually use the accelerometer to your advantage because you can rotate the phone in any direction to be able to play it. The game is also integrated with OpenFeint which is cool because you can get all kinds of awards and achievements and at the same time see who the better players in the world are. You can also play with your friends. There are a bunch of different modes to play in and they each have their pros and cons. You will want to group the balls by color and then pop them in order to move to the next level. The clock starts over again with each level and you need to try and get as many points as you can with each pop.
This app has been given a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars by Android app users that have actually downloaded it and tried it out themselves. The other nice thing about this app is that it only costs $1.56 to download onto you phone.
In the Chess for Android app you will be able to play chess at any given time. Take advantage of the suggested moves feature to become a real chess master.
- This is a full featured chess game on the Android. You will be able to use the touch screen controls as well as the keyboard input and trackball
- The game will actually highlight the last move from the play engine and you will also see the valid user moves as well
- If you have made a few errors in your playing then you can use the undo button. The game will allow you to go back up to eight different moves
- You can play a few different engine plays where it is either random, free play, or it will even play against itself
- To get to the castle you need to move the king two squares
- There is a feature that will give you suggested moves for the pieces that you are selecting
One of the best things about puzzle and strategy games is that the good ones are extremely addictive. You don’t have to create hundreds of new levels and items. The basic nature of the game is enough to turn it into a hit and make it popular. This could be said about the game of chess. It is one of those games that has stood the test of time and continues to be a favorite of people all over the world. In this virtual rendition of chess you will be able to bring this ancient military strategy game to life and you will be able to play it whenever you would you like to. There are a variety of different difficulty levels you can choose from so that you will be challenged as you play it. You can also play in the “auto-play” mode so you can watch how the computer strategizes and gain some tips from it. To help you learn to become a better chess master you can also click on a button to see suggested moves for your pieces and you can also undo moves against the computer so that you can get better at making the right ones. All these things combined help this game to be a great one for your Android phone and you will never be sitting around with nothing to do again.
This app has been rated by different Android users and is currently sitting at a 4 out of 5 star rating. The other nice thing about the app is that you can download it onto your phone for free.