Cut the Rope Android Apps News
Cut the Rope is superb app found for both the Android and the iPhone and has found massive user response from both the free users of the ad enabled version as well as the paid version. It appears to be becoming less rare for an app to go into the mega-amount sales bracket as more developers create fun and lively games targeted at the kid in all of us. The game is just as simple as an Angry Birds, has very clean and colorful graphics and entertaining music. This may very well be the exact combination that developers need to stick to until the public becomes over saturated with the formulaic process.
In the meantime
Here is another fun app that you should throw on your smartphone. It is just difficult enough to pose a fun challenge and not raise the blood pressure, so it’s great for all ages and possibly all medical conditions.
Cut the Rope for Android and iPhone
Cut the Rope is another example of what good development can produce. The ZeptoLab team has already won awards for Cut the Rope and is continuing to see great success with its recent additions to the Android Market. There’s a few game apps out there that really set the bar for what developers should be aiming for and this app is one of them.
It’s better to just go ahead and get the one dollar version and avoid the ads of the free version. Ads really detract from the fun and suspension of disbelief of the game.
Categories: Android Apps Games Tags:
Did you love the game Pac Man? Well Pac Man wouldn’t stand a chance against EVAC for Android. Stealthily avoid your enemies and find an exit as quickly as possible1
- The EVAC game is an exciting arcade adventure for gamers of any skill level or background. You will have to take your little neon character and run through all kinds of colorful mazes in order to find an escape route
- You will be chased by security forces that come in the form of angry red devices. You will have to try to use some stealth techniques in order to avoid these bad guys and make it to where you want to go
- You can create traps for you enemies by using the yellow blocks or shock them to fight back and destroy them, or you can just run around as fast as possible to collect the dots and get out
- This is like pac man on steroids and it is a ton of fun to play because there is a lot of strategy involved
- This is a great game for casual as well as advanced gamers that want a challenging game to add to their arsenal
When you first start playing this game you will think it is a Pac Man clone because it looks much the same. The similarities between EVAC and pac man stop at collecting dots and running away from angry mean squares. The whole point of the game is to try and find an exit out of the arena. This brings a new kind of challenge to the game and it can actually be pretty difficult. You will be able to use a lot of cool tricks however, including hiding behind black squares and also pushing the yellow squares around in order to block the angry red squares. You can use a certain amount of shocks to fight back against your enemies by zapping them and stopping them and then it will destroy them. You can also use ghost powers that will make you invisible to all of the baddies running around. The main gripe that this game has is that the file downloads are actually pretty big. But the one bonus is that it will support moving the app to the SD card as long as you have froyo.
This has been rated one of the best Android apps out on the market right now. It currently has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars by Android app users and it is free to download to try out and then it costs $1.56 after that.
The JellyBalls Android app is a great way to pass the time for the casual gamer. It involves popping balls of the same color. Once you start you won’t be able to stop!
- This is a very casual game that you can play by yourself, against the computer, or against friends, where all you are doing is trying to pop the same colored balls.
- There are a variety of different gameplay modes that you can play including the Continuous mode, the break the shield mode, the look up at the ceiling mode, and the get them all mode
- All of the modes can be a fun way for you to waste time and play on your mobile phone when you are out and about
- The game provides hours and hours of different gameplay and you will love all the options that you have. There are global leaderboards that you can look at to see who the best in the game are
- The game is actually pretty addictive and will be the perfect fit for the casual gamer
This JellyBalls Android app game is actually a really fun way to waste some time. The whole point of the game is to simply burst the bubbles and scores as many points as you possibly can. The fewest amount of bubbles that you can pop are two in a row. One of the cooler things about the game is that you can actually use the accelerometer to your advantage because you can rotate the phone in any direction to be able to play it. The game is also integrated with OpenFeint which is cool because you can get all kinds of awards and achievements and at the same time see who the better players in the world are. You can also play with your friends. There are a bunch of different modes to play in and they each have their pros and cons. You will want to group the balls by color and then pop them in order to move to the next level. The clock starts over again with each level and you need to try and get as many points as you can with each pop.
This app has been given a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars by Android app users that have actually downloaded it and tried it out themselves. The other nice thing about this app is that it only costs $1.56 to download onto you phone.
In the Chess for Android app you will be able to play chess at any given time. Take advantage of the suggested moves feature to become a real chess master.
- This is a full featured chess game on the Android. You will be able to use the touch screen controls as well as the keyboard input and trackball
- The game will actually highlight the last move from the play engine and you will also see the valid user moves as well
- If you have made a few errors in your playing then you can use the undo button. The game will allow you to go back up to eight different moves
- You can play a few different engine plays where it is either random, free play, or it will even play against itself
- To get to the castle you need to move the king two squares
- There is a feature that will give you suggested moves for the pieces that you are selecting
One of the best things about puzzle and strategy games is that the good ones are extremely addictive. You don’t have to create hundreds of new levels and items. The basic nature of the game is enough to turn it into a hit and make it popular. This could be said about the game of chess. It is one of those games that has stood the test of time and continues to be a favorite of people all over the world. In this virtual rendition of chess you will be able to bring this ancient military strategy game to life and you will be able to play it whenever you would you like to. There are a variety of different difficulty levels you can choose from so that you will be challenged as you play it. You can also play in the “auto-play” mode so you can watch how the computer strategizes and gain some tips from it. To help you learn to become a better chess master you can also click on a button to see suggested moves for your pieces and you can also undo moves against the computer so that you can get better at making the right ones. All these things combined help this game to be a great one for your Android phone and you will never be sitting around with nothing to do again.
This app has been rated by different Android users and is currently sitting at a 4 out of 5 star rating. The other nice thing about the app is that you can download it onto your phone for free.
In the Four Online Android app you will be able to experience Connect Four with a number of different users world wide!
- This is a classic rendition of the old game Connect 4. You simply try to connect four pieces in a row before your opponent does
- When you are connecting the four pieces you will be able to do it either diagonally, vertically, or horizontally
- This game features a lot of different things including a worldwide games section where you can actually chat with your online opponents
- You can also see how many points that you have online and you can see what the local and global high scores are
- There are also special rooms in the community for the really advanced players
- One of the features online is that your opponents only have thirty seconds of inactivity before their next move or they will have to forfeit the match altogether
- You can also get progress and statistics about each of your games so you can keep track of your record
- There are also local games that you can play in against the AI or against other human opponents
If you like the classic Connect 4 game then you will love the Four Online Android app. This is a great way to test your strategy and puzzle skills as you play against other live players over the internet. The basic jist of the game is extremely simple to pick up. You simply try to match four of your pieces in a row all the while preventing your opponent from doing so. The first one to get four in a row wins the game. You can get four in a row either horizontally, diagonally, or vertical but you have to be kind of sneaky about it or your opponent will catch it and try to block you. In order to get to play online you will probably have to fill out a quick registration and then you can be given a bunch of points right off the bat. There are a few different pros and cons to the online mobile multiplayer. One con is that you have to wait on the other opponents to make their moves. The game has tried to curb this waiting period by only allowing a 30 second timer of inactivity before the game is forfeit. The only stupid thing about it is that the game will not notify you that the game is forfeit until after you press the back button.
This app has been given a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars by Android app users and the game is currently free to download onto your phone if you get it off of the Android app marketplace.
In the Wixel Android app you will be able to play in a virtual Boggle board and see how many word combinations that you can come up with before your timer runs out. The more words you can find and the longer that they are, the higher the score.
- In this word game you will be presented with a grid that has a bunch of letter inside of it. In order to get high scores you will have to slide your fingers over the letters and create a variety of words. The more words you create and the longer the words are, the higher your score is going to be
- You will also be timed in the game, so you will have to get as many words as you can before the timer runs out
- There is a multiplayer mode where you will be able to compete with other players online and see how you fare against other people. This is a great way to test how smart you are
- There is also a progressive mode that is pretty difficult because you have to find every possible word combination before you can move on to the next level
- The dictionary included in this app is also huge, it contains over 180,000 words.
- There are few different game boards you can play with including the four by four grids and the five by five grids
Word games are all the buzz right now in the puzzle game world. Wixel is one of the best games because it is very similar to the game Boggle (which we all know is one of the funnest word games ever created). In this game you will be able to take a grid of letters and try to create words by dragging your finger over them. The more words you can create from the grid, the more points you will get. When you get words that have more letters included then you will get an even bigger score. Anything over 4 letters is going to be worth more points and will you get you farther in beating your opponents. There is a progressive mode in Wixel which is also a lot of fun because it will actually force you to find all of the different word combinations available before it will allow you to progress on to the next level. If you can’t find the words then you have the option to look up the words you missed after the game is completed. The user interface that is included in the app is actually pretty advanced and the game play modes are also very unique so this word app is actually quite a cut above the rest.
This game has been given a rating of 4.1 stars out of 5 stars and you can download it onto your Android for no cost at all.
In the AlphaMixr Android app you will be able to create a variety of different words and get high scores.
- The AlphaMixr Android app is a really fun word game that is similar to Text Twist or WordWrench where you have a certain amount of letters and you will have to make as many different combinations of words as you can
- You will be given six letters to start out with and you will have to create word combinations of 3,4,5, and 6 letter words
- All of the rounds are timed so you will have to try and find all of the words that you can before your timer runs out
- If you get them all done in a short amount of time then you will actually get some pretty hefty time bonuses to help you up your score
- In order to move on to the next level you will need to either find one of the largest words or you are going to have to get a total score of 7,500 points or more
- You can also submit high scores to the community board to see where you rank among other high score players
- There are over 28,000 words that can be created total so you will have a total option of 8,000 different game combinations to play in
If you enjoy games that are similar to Boggle, Scrabble, or Text Twist, then the AlpahMixr Android app is a great fit for you. You will have six letters that are all scrambled up and you will have to try and create as many different words as you can from it. You will be timed so you will have to be quick and see if you can come up with all of them before the timer runs out. The way that you will be able to progress through the levels is you will have to either just find one of the very largest words (6 letters) or you will have to score a certain amount of points total. Once you do this you can then move on to the more challenging rounds. The game starts to get really hard when the letters create less words. Then you have to find more of the big words to be able to have a chance to keep progressing. You can shuffle the letters at any time in order to get a fresh view on it and create even more words. Once you have gotten a high score you can then post it on the community board so that you can compare with other people that play the game. This is a game that is very similar to the word scrambling game of WordWrench and will appeal to all the word game lovers.
This app has been given a rating of 4 out of 5 stars by users and critics ad can be downloaded for free. It is a must have on the Android phone.
With the WordWrench Android app you will be able to create a bunch of different anagrams from the letters that are provided on the screen. Hours of word scrambling fun.
- This is a fun anagram game that allows you to take letters and put them together to create words that have a combination of 3,4,5 and 6 letter words
- In order to be able to progress to the next level of the game you have to at least find a six letter word among all of the possible combinations
- In order to mix up the letters to help your mind formulate new words, there is a wrench feature. You can either press the wrench button or you can press the space key or even just shake the phone to rearrange letters
- You can use either the touch screen options, the trackball options, or even the controls on the keyboard in order to type in letters and create words
- You can also view the game in a variety of different ways, including the portrait and the landscape modes
- This game will also allow you to listen to some sounds and will also vibrate at times
If you love anagrams then you are sure to love this game. You will be given certain letters and you will have to find words that have combinations of 3,4,5 and 6 letters. You will have to be able to rack your brain to put them together in the correct order and you will be able to switch up the letters to help give you some better ideas on what words are available. This rearranging of letters is called “Wrenching” so all you have to do is just press the wrench button, shake the phone, or press the space key in order to mix and match them and help you do better. One of the other great things about the app is that you can use it in either the landscape or portrait views, depending on how you want to hold the phone. There are also a lot of keyboard tips that you can take into consideration in order to help you to get better at the game and make sure that you can quickly and accurately enter the words within the time limit. If you love word games then this is a must have on your Android phone.
This app has been given a user rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars by Android app users and reviewers and can currently be downloaded onto your phone for free.
The Mem Android app is a simple memory game that will help you to challenge your thought processes whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
- This Android game involves memorizing the sequences that are offered to see how long you can go and to get an even higher score
- You will have to be able to match the sounds as well as the flashing colors to be able to get the longest sequence available
- This game will really test your thought processes and see how far you will be able to memorize sequences that are given to you
- There are a few customizing and personalizing options that you can take advantage of in this game including the style and the speed of the game play. All you have to do is go into the options men and change up the themes
- The game also utilizes some vibration as well as some minimal beeping sounds in order to accompany the sequences that are provided
- The graphics are colorful but pretty basic and the sounds are not super advanced but they get the job done quite well
This is a simple game of memory for the Android phone but it is actually quite a bit of fun. You will get addicted to the gameplay to see for how long you can continue to play the game. You will come back again and again to see if you have what it takes to beat your old high scores. The graphics are nothing to brag about but they look sharp and they get the point across. You can also use the app in a variety of different colors. The only main features that this app really takes advantage of are the sound and the vibration. Even these aren’t used that much but they help add to the overall feel of the game. When ever you tap a sequence from memory you will feel a small vibrate and there will be an accompanying beep. This is very similar to the little Simon Says light up game that used to be popular a couple of decades ago. Once you see the “Android says…” line then you are ready to get started and test your little memory bubble!
This Android app has been given a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars by users and you can actually download the app for free off of the Android app marketplace.
In the Flight Director Android app you will have to take your position as the air traffic controller and try to help all of these different planes so that they can land safely without colliding or crashing. You will have to be on top of your game to get them all there safely.
- In this app you will be able to land planes in a real airport from off of Google Maps
- Draw the route that you would like the plane to follow in order to help it land safely where it needs to
- The game can be very fun and challenging as well as very addicting
- All kinds of different aircraft that you can help land including planes, helicopters, and also war machines
- Gets more challenging as you move on in the game
This is a cool game management app that allows you to be in charge of airlines and make sure that the planes arrive at their destinations safely. You will take the helm as the air traffic controller and you will have to land planes as well as different war crafts and helicopters. The coolest part about this app is that the actual game board that you play on is based off of real maps of airports on Google maps. You will get to see all of them from an aerial satellite view and manage the planes over the top of them. This game is a lot like the popular Flight Control app for the iPhone with a few different twists and turns. As you are trying to land all of these different planes and aircraft you will see how challenging the game can become. You will have to land planes that are coming in from all different directions and at all different times. You will have to land some planes at the same time and not have them crash into each other. All you have to do is just draw the route that you would like the planes to go in order to help them land safely. The main cons to this app is that there is no background music so it can get pretty dull while you are playing and also the aerial maps idea is kind of cool but it can also get pretty cheesy.
This app has been given a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars by users that have played it and there is a free version you can download or you can get the full version for $1.99 off of the Android app market.