The Phases iPhone app is a really cool way to stay on top of your astronomy and to see the different phases of the moon. This app actually does a lot more than that and will give you all kinds of useful information. You will be able to even learn a little bit about the sun as you are using the app. You can see the age of the moon, the illumination of the moon, the phases of the moon, the rise of the moon, the setting of the moon, and many more things for a lot of different dates and times. You can just choose the city you live in from the database and use the GPS to get even more accurate info for the app.
- This is a pretty cool little weather reference app because you will be able to get the dates and times for the next 8 phases for the moon. You will always know when they are going to be changing!
- Using this app you will not only be able to forecast the future phases but you will also be able to view any day that you want from the past
- You will not only get the phases of the moon but you will also be able to see the age of the moon and also the level to which it is illuminating the sky
- There is also a lot of other information that you can access in this app including the distance the moon currently is from the Earth
- You can also view some other cool stats like the actual position of the moon in the sky including its altitude and also the azimuth
- This app uses the built in GPS on the phone to be able to give you the location awareness information on where the moon will be in the sky
The moon has fascinated people for thousands of years. It is literally this huge rock in the sky that sometimes is full, sometimes can’t be seen and other times i just a sliver in the sky. This app will be able to show you the different phases of this marvelous orbiting asteroid so that you will be able to follow it as it travels across the sky each month.
This little weather iPhone app has been rated quite a few times and has been given an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users. You can also download this app onto your phone for a price of $0.99.
The Ace Flashcards iPhone app is a great way to get help for any of those tough classes or tests you have coming up.
- This app contains two easy to use gestures as far as navigating is concerned. All you need to do is just swipe the screen left or right in order to flip the cards and go between each set that you have on there
- If you just simply tap on the card a single time then you will see the small icons that are intuitive and they will help you with deleting cards, editing cards, and much more
- If you want to you can actually flag the individual cards that you have already memorized so that you can put them in a different stack while you learn the other ones
- It is very easy for you to be able to switch between the reviewing cards as well as the flagged cards. You can even just browse through all of the cards if you want to
- If you have other friends that could benefit from the flashcards then you can actually email individual ones to your friends that want to be quizzed
- There is also some integration with Quizlet.com. This way you can search and download a ton of different decks of flashcards. Over two million to download.
- The game has a built in dictionary of the English language and you don’t have to have any internet connection in order to access it
- The app will automatically look up definitions of the words that you type in so that you don’t have to work too hard in order to get your deck all set up
Have you ever had trouble knowing how to study for a test? Or have you ever had downtime when you are out and about but didn’t have your flashcards to be able to study for the test? Well with the help of Ace Flashcards you won’t ever have to worry about not having your study materials with you because they will always be on your phone. This is a simple and convenient way to help you study for any subject. Carry these virtual flashcards around with you all day and see your test scores dramatically rise (assuming you look at them).
This app has been given a rating of 4 1/2 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users that have tried out the app and downloaded it onto their smart phone. The app costs $0.99 to download off of the apple store.
The Create a Car iPhone app is a little educational app that has been modeled after an activity that you could do on the ABCya.com website. If you want to see the original version you can also visit the site and see what all of the hubbub is about. This game has taken everything that was good about the web version and has just added to it. This game is extremely simple and pretty much just involves you having to click and then drag the activities. This game is meant for elementary school kids to help stimulate learning. You will be able to pick from six different bodies of cars and then you can use over 50 different parts that you find in order to style the car to meet your personality. You can save the cars that have been created and then send them over to friends so that they can see them and enjoy them too. Once you have created your car you will also be able to turn it on and see a lot of the different parts start moving.
- In the create a car iPhone app you will love that it only costs a dollar to play on your iPhone or iPad. This has been taken from the popular kids game on the ABCya.com website
- You can actually play this game in a really high resolution as well. You will be able to use the retina display on the iPhone 4 to be able to view the amazing graphics and make the most of them
- Another nice thing about the game is how many different people can play it at the same time. You will be able to have five different player profiles saved right onto the game
- The vehicle parts are also a lot of fun to mess with. You will find that there is a huge variety of parts to play with and attach to your car. There are over 65 different parts that are all really custom
- The car styles are also a lot of fun to choose from. You will pick the vehicle body style very first and there are actually 6 different models to be able to choose from
- Once you have created a car you can then save the vehicle and then edit it at any time. You can just pull the cars out from the garage and then mess with them
- There is also an area where you can create all kinds of custom information for each of the cars that have been created
This app has been given kind of crappy reviews and it currently is only sitting at a 2 1/2 out of 5 star rating after being played by multiple iPhone app users. The app can also be downloaded onto your iPhone for only $0.99.
Do you ever go outside and wonder about all of those distant stars and shining lights that are out there every single night? It can a pretty amazing sight to look at all those stars and wonder how they got there, what created them, and what it all means. With the Distant Suns 3: Space Travel for the rest of us iPhone app you will be able to check out the different galaxies, stars, and nebulas and learn more about all of them. This is the perfect little resource to have in your pocket at all times since we can’t all just travel into space and see it for ourselves. This little app is also packed with different features and will allow you to even look at the earth as if you were outside in a different galaxy. Enjoy all of the wonderful pictures and the wealth of information that is included inside.
- You will be able to use this app to get a really cool view of the earth as if you were in our solar system or even outside of it. You will be able to use the new spaceflight mode to simulate being a real astronaut traveling around in outer space
- There is also a cool little compass ability that the app provides where you will be able to use it for the iPad and the iPhone 3GS. All you have to do is just point it in a certain direction and then identify the things you see
- There are over 130,000 different stars that will pinpoint their direction and you will be able to identify and see them all while holding the app in the palm of your little hand
- There is a really cool part of the app where you can look at the Milky Way. You will be able to see the ghostly band and look at all the millions of stars that helped to create it
- There is a collection of over 88 different constellations that you will be able to see with images and also articles and information on the mythology that supports it and why they were created and named the way that they are
- There is a cool viewpoint lock that you can use to keep all of the planets you see in the center of the screen. That way you won’t get lost while using the app and identifying stars
- You can also get information on current weather patterns that are happening on the earth and you will see that this part of the app is updated every couple of hours (3 to be exact)
- You can also use the preference panel to be able to change the rendering of the stars and you can mix and match it to see the stars in over a dozen different ways, totally depending on preference
This app has been given a rating of 4 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users and can be downloaded onto your iPhone for only $9.99.
In the Gray’s Anatomy 2011 iPhone app you will be able to scroll and navigate through a variety of pictures that are highly detailed and show off the human body. You will have access to all these images right in the palm of your hand and you can access them whenever and wherever you want to. The Grey’s Anatomy app is a great reference for anyone heading off to med school because it is an accurate representation of what you will learn out there. The app literally has hundreds of different figures that you can look at. It is completely comprehensive and is a must have tool for any student or pro that wants to have it around just in case they need it for a reference.
- This app has a few different features including the ability for you to be able to quickly navigate through your table of contents. You can also browse through the anatomy man tab as well as the quick search feature so that you can quickly find the things you are looking for without having to go through the entire app
- The images that are shown on this app are actually all really detailed and you can expand them to get a better look at whatever part of the body that you are trying to learn more about
- The good thing about this app is that it has a lot of updates that will come periodically. That way you will always be up to date on the latest medical information that is coming out about anatomy and physiology
- Pretty soon you will also get access to the themed anatomy man. This will help you to learn anatomical structures even easier so that you can quickly learn about the body with the help of a virtual physique
- This app is also compatible with operating system 4 as well as the iPad. You will love how easily it stretches across apple products
- This is your one stop shop for all medical references that have to do with anatomy. If you are a med school student then this is a must have app for you to be able to reference to in your spare time
This app has been given a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars by users that enjoy this fun little medical stuff. The app can also be downloaded onto your mobile phone for only $2.99.
The premise of this game is pretty simple. You will want to get a pattern of five of the Bingo Bugs all in a row by answering math problems correctly. The Math Bingo iPhone app is a great way for your kids to practice their math skills while still having a good time. You will get feedback on all of the games at the bottom of the screen and you will also see the correct answers and how you should have gotten to the solution.
- This is a great way to keep your kids occupied and teach them valuable lessons all at the same time. You can choose from four different games for your kids to try out. These include the addition game, the subtraction game, the multiplication game, and the division game. You can let your child decide which game they want to play depending on what they most need to work on
- There are also three different levels of difficulty that you can choose to be able to appeal to kids of all ages and skill levels. These three main difficulty levels include the easy level, the medium level and also the hard level
- Another nice thing about the game is the variety of different playable characters there are in the game. Your kids will love being able to choose between the eight different cartoon avatars that have been created to match kids of all different personalities
- If you have a few different kids that are wanting to play the game then you are in luck because you actually have up to 5 different player profiles saved on the game so up to five kids can have their own saved games to see their progress with their mathematical skills
- On each of the five player profiles that have been made available you can actually see how many games each one has played. This way you can get a good idea of how much your kid is practicing these different skills
- The scoreboard feature inside of the app will also help you measure the progress of your kids because it keeps track of the scores for each of the games and also the level that they were played at. This is a good way to see how to help your kids in math
- When your kids get really high scores then they can actually collect the Bingo Bugs and use them to play Bingo
This educational app has been given a rating of 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and you cand currently download it onto your phone for $0.99.
Birdwatching can be a fun and rewarding experience. There are a lot of different bird species out there that all look extremely different but are all beautiful. The iBird Explorer Backyard iPhone app is an interactive book where you can identify hundreds of different species based on their shape, color, bird call, and habitat. This app also is linked to Flickr and Wiki so that you can get even more pictures and information on your favorite species. Also, once you find some really interesting species then you can bookmark them so you can quickly go back to their pages.
- This app contains an in-depth search engine that is parameter driven and can help you find information incredibly quickly
- This search engine allows you to find birds by where they are located, what their habitat is, their head pattern, their colors, their overall body shapes, the pattern of their flight, the shape of their bill, their length and others
- You can find updates for life on all of the bird information conclusions
- When you find certain birds that you like you can bookmark their pages so that you can go back to them quickly whenever you like
- You can find links from all of the information over to Wiki pages to get even more in depth details
- There are also links to hundreds of Flickr photos for every different kind of bird that you find
- There are detailed maps that are in full color and they show the habitat and living areas of different species
- You can find out information about the birds’ behavior, their identification, habitat info, color of their eggs, their diets, and much more
- There are a lot of different professional photos of many of the bird species included
- Along with these photos you can also see a bunch of hand-drawn pictures of the birds as well
- You can play bird songs and bird calls straight from your phone so that you can bring birds right to you
If you have a love for birds then there is no better bird watching companion than the iBird Explorer Backyard. You can get info from Wikipedia as well as professional photographs of each species. You can also tag your very favorite birds to go back and see at a later time. This app is just loaded with cool information and is really easy to navigate and use.
Voted 4 stars by iPhone app users and costs $4.99 to download onto your iPhone.
Gear up with Diego to go and help him save some of his shy baby animal friends! In the Go, Diego, Go! Musical Missions iPhone app you will have the opportunity to follow Diego around as he strives to be an animal rescuer. The facts are that there are shy baby animals all over the world that are hiding and just won’t come out. It is up to you and Diego to form an Animal Rescue team to help these animals come out of their hiding places and be saved! You will follow Diego around with his trusty flute as he plays some relaxing music in order for the animals to feel comfortable enough to come out and join you. All that you need to do is just to tap the holes that are on the flute to help Diego play his music. With each note that you hit on the flute you will be one step closer to saving another baby animal!
- There are a variety of different tutorials in the game that you can use to help you get started and to learn how to play the flute that saves the animals
- The voice overs in the game are authentic and come from the same people that do the show on Nickelodeon
- Your children will learn how to match colors and will learn basic cognitive abilities as they play this simple app
- Your children will also love the ability to play Diego’s flute and to make some very soothing music with his help
- This is an educational adventure for you kids and they will love the opportunity to play it and feel like they are making a difference
- The story mode is very entertaining and there are lots of cute baby animals that are hidden all over the world that you will have to find
For being a children’s educational app, this Go, Diego, God! Musical Missions iPhone app is sure to be a hit among your kids. They will love finding the baby animals and helping them to come out of their hiding places. The gameplay is really simple so that your kids will be able to navigate through the levels all by themselves. This is a great way to keep your kids busy and help them learn while you go about your normal daily routine.
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and can be downloaded for only $1.99 off of the app store.
The Uface iPhone app is a great way to take a page out of your creative side and create some really fun and unique characters. It is extremely easy to use and only requires that you use a single finger to pick items and attributes that your character will have. You can make funny faces, angry faces, sad faces, or happy faces. You can change their hair style, their accessories, and hundreds of other things to make some very unique combinations.
Once you have created your character you can share it with your friends on social networking sites, through your photo album, or even on Twitter. You can apply these photos to profile pictures so that they come up every time that your friend or family member calls you. If you are just bored an you want to see some funny characters then all you have to do is click on the random character button in order to create an entirely random character drawing each time. You will love how creative you can be with the Uface iPhone app.
- The interface on this game is extremely simple to use and and you will pick it up in no time at all
- You can create your characters however you would like. There are over 330 different items that you can use for both male and female characters
- The amount of combinations you can put together with the items makes it so that no two characters ever have to be alike
- Once you have established an item you can change it’s position whenever you would like
- There are sub items that you can choose to make different backgrounds, different emotions, and even different situations
- If you want you can even pick the feature to just create a completely random character for you to mess with
- The characters are all natural and feel like they have been hand drawn by a professional artist
- If you create a character that you really like then you can upload them onto your favorite social networking site like Facebook or Twitter
- Once you have saved an image you also have the ability to edit the picture and to fix any parts of it that you want to
- After you have created a few different characters you can add them to your contact profile or to your photo album to share them with your friends and family
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $1.99 to download.