The ShapeWriter Keyboard Android app takes into consideration the touchscreen abilities of the Android and tries to capitalize on them. With this keyboard app the letters are enlarged a bit so that they are easier to see and distinguish from one another. The main difference with this keyboard, however, is the fact that you simply drag your finger over the letters in the word you are looking for and it will create the word. This makes typing much easier and faster than having to pick each letter individually.
- Fully utilizes the Android’s touchscreen capabilities to bring you a great gesture keyboard
- The main difference with this touchscreen keyboard and other touchscreen keyboards is that you can actually just drag your finger along the letters to create the entire word
- Much quicker and easier than having to type in the letters one at a time
- A good alternative to having to use the tiny little buttons on the SMS text messaging that comes as a default with the Android phone
- The letters are enlarged so it is easier to switch from the top row down to the bottom row
- The display is easy to distinguish and you will find that it is very easy to understand what you are supposed to do to make it work correctly
There are a lot of different apps like this that are meant to improve on the default SMS text message system. This app almost pulls it off. It offers some good benefits with the drag and slide option, but overall it can be a little hard to use. There are only a few problems with it but it is enough to make you doubt if the app is worth downloading. For instance, it can be hard to type words sometimes because as you are dragging your thumb from top to bottom you can’t see the letters underneath. This makes it hard to type accurately and correctly. Also if you make a mistake on one of the letters and then decide to backspace, it will actually delete the entire word. This can be super annoying at times to have to try and drag the entire word over again. Overall, this app does have a cool idea but it is up to you if you think it is worth it to install it on your phone or not.
Voted 3.6 out of 5 stars by Android app users and is currently free for you to download.