The Ace Flashcards iPhone app is a great way to get help for any of those tough classes or tests you have coming up.
- This app contains two easy to use gestures as far as navigating is concerned. All you need to do is just swipe the screen left or right in order to flip the cards and go between each set that you have on there
- If you just simply tap on the card a single time then you will see the small icons that are intuitive and they will help you with deleting cards, editing cards, and much more
- If you want to you can actually flag the individual cards that you have already memorized so that you can put them in a different stack while you learn the other ones
- It is very easy for you to be able to switch between the reviewing cards as well as the flagged cards. You can even just browse through all of the cards if you want to
- If you have other friends that could benefit from the flashcards then you can actually email individual ones to your friends that want to be quizzed
- There is also some integration with Quizlet.com. This way you can search and download a ton of different decks of flashcards. Over two million to download.
- The game has a built in dictionary of the English language and you don’t have to have any internet connection in order to access it
- The app will automatically look up definitions of the words that you type in so that you don’t have to work too hard in order to get your deck all set up
Have you ever had trouble knowing how to study for a test? Or have you ever had downtime when you are out and about but didn’t have your flashcards to be able to study for the test? Well with the help of Ace Flashcards you won’t ever have to worry about not having your study materials with you because they will always be on your phone. This is a simple and convenient way to help you study for any subject. Carry these virtual flashcards around with you all day and see your test scores dramatically rise (assuming you look at them).
This app has been given a rating of 4 1/2 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users that have tried out the app and downloaded it onto their smart phone. The app costs $0.99 to download off of the apple store.
The Create a Car iPhone app is a little educational app that has been modeled after an activity that you could do on the ABCya.com website. If you want to see the original version you can also visit the site and see what all of the hubbub is about. This game has taken everything that was good about the web version and has just added to it. This game is extremely simple and pretty much just involves you having to click and then drag the activities. This game is meant for elementary school kids to help stimulate learning. You will be able to pick from six different bodies of cars and then you can use over 50 different parts that you find in order to style the car to meet your personality. You can save the cars that have been created and then send them over to friends so that they can see them and enjoy them too. Once you have created your car you will also be able to turn it on and see a lot of the different parts start moving.
- In the create a car iPhone app you will love that it only costs a dollar to play on your iPhone or iPad. This has been taken from the popular kids game on the ABCya.com website
- You can actually play this game in a really high resolution as well. You will be able to use the retina display on the iPhone 4 to be able to view the amazing graphics and make the most of them
- Another nice thing about the game is how many different people can play it at the same time. You will be able to have five different player profiles saved right onto the game
- The vehicle parts are also a lot of fun to mess with. You will find that there is a huge variety of parts to play with and attach to your car. There are over 65 different parts that are all really custom
- The car styles are also a lot of fun to choose from. You will pick the vehicle body style very first and there are actually 6 different models to be able to choose from
- Once you have created a car you can then save the vehicle and then edit it at any time. You can just pull the cars out from the garage and then mess with them
- There is also an area where you can create all kinds of custom information for each of the cars that have been created
This app has been given kind of crappy reviews and it currently is only sitting at a 2 1/2 out of 5 star rating after being played by multiple iPhone app users. The app can also be downloaded onto your iPhone for only $0.99.
Do you ever go outside and wonder about all of those distant stars and shining lights that are out there every single night? It can a pretty amazing sight to look at all those stars and wonder how they got there, what created them, and what it all means. With the Distant Suns 3: Space Travel for the rest of us iPhone app you will be able to check out the different galaxies, stars, and nebulas and learn more about all of them. This is the perfect little resource to have in your pocket at all times since we can’t all just travel into space and see it for ourselves. This little app is also packed with different features and will allow you to even look at the earth as if you were outside in a different galaxy. Enjoy all of the wonderful pictures and the wealth of information that is included inside.
- You will be able to use this app to get a really cool view of the earth as if you were in our solar system or even outside of it. You will be able to use the new spaceflight mode to simulate being a real astronaut traveling around in outer space
- There is also a cool little compass ability that the app provides where you will be able to use it for the iPad and the iPhone 3GS. All you have to do is just point it in a certain direction and then identify the things you see
- There are over 130,000 different stars that will pinpoint their direction and you will be able to identify and see them all while holding the app in the palm of your little hand
- There is a really cool part of the app where you can look at the Milky Way. You will be able to see the ghostly band and look at all the millions of stars that helped to create it
- There is a collection of over 88 different constellations that you will be able to see with images and also articles and information on the mythology that supports it and why they were created and named the way that they are
- There is a cool viewpoint lock that you can use to keep all of the planets you see in the center of the screen. That way you won’t get lost while using the app and identifying stars
- You can also get information on current weather patterns that are happening on the earth and you will see that this part of the app is updated every couple of hours (3 to be exact)
- You can also use the preference panel to be able to change the rendering of the stars and you can mix and match it to see the stars in over a dozen different ways, totally depending on preference
This app has been given a rating of 4 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users and can be downloaded onto your iPhone for only $9.99.
In the Gray’s Anatomy 2011 iPhone app you will be able to scroll and navigate through a variety of pictures that are highly detailed and show off the human body. You will have access to all these images right in the palm of your hand and you can access them whenever and wherever you want to. The Grey’s Anatomy app is a great reference for anyone heading off to med school because it is an accurate representation of what you will learn out there. The app literally has hundreds of different figures that you can look at. It is completely comprehensive and is a must have tool for any student or pro that wants to have it around just in case they need it for a reference.
- This app has a few different features including the ability for you to be able to quickly navigate through your table of contents. You can also browse through the anatomy man tab as well as the quick search feature so that you can quickly find the things you are looking for without having to go through the entire app
- The images that are shown on this app are actually all really detailed and you can expand them to get a better look at whatever part of the body that you are trying to learn more about
- The good thing about this app is that it has a lot of updates that will come periodically. That way you will always be up to date on the latest medical information that is coming out about anatomy and physiology
- Pretty soon you will also get access to the themed anatomy man. This will help you to learn anatomical structures even easier so that you can quickly learn about the body with the help of a virtual physique
- This app is also compatible with operating system 4 as well as the iPad. You will love how easily it stretches across apple products
- This is your one stop shop for all medical references that have to do with anatomy. If you are a med school student then this is a must have app for you to be able to reference to in your spare time
This app has been given a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars by users that enjoy this fun little medical stuff. The app can also be downloaded onto your mobile phone for only $2.99.
The Lexicon Pro Android app is a great tool for anyone that frequently travels and wants to be able to communicate in whatever country they go to. This is a great dictionary/thesaurus for anyone that is interested in other languages.
- This is a thesaurus and a dictionary all in one. You will be able to get translations of as many different words and phrases as you want, and you can get it in 4o different languages
- Some of the different features are a bookmarking section so you can save certain things that stand out to you and refer back to them later when you have more time
- There is also a sharing option where you can share your translations with your family and friends so they know how to say it too
- There is a spelling correction feature that will give you suggested spelling in case you accidentally entered it in wrong on the app
- One of the most helpful features is that of the audio pronunciation so that you can hear how to pronounce the translation you just made
- You can also access the voice recognition search so that you don’t actually have to type anything into the app, rather you just speak into the phone and it will translate your spoken sentence for you
This is a pretty sweet app because it can translate things into 40 different languages. This is the biggest collaboration of languages and translations for the Android market. You will be able to use this app to search for definitions of words in different languages. You will also be able to take advantage of the voice search option so you can just speak a phrase into the phone and have the program translate it for you without you having to type in anything. You can also use the pronunciation guide which will help you to speak like a native. Not only that, you will be able to use the bookmarking option as well as share these definitions with friends and family. Overall, this is a great way to learn some key phrases and sentences in a different language. Great for if you are traveling overseas.
This app has been given a rating of 4 out of 5 stars by Android app users and can currently be downloaded for free in order to try it out and see if it is worth upgrading to the pro version.
The MathWizard Android app is a great way to teach your kids how to perform mathematical equations and love doing it.
- This is a great way for your kids to start to love math and learn how it all works. You will find that the Mathwizard brings education to life with fun and comical audio feedback. This is a great way to keep your kids laughing when they get an answer correct
- Your kids will be able to participate in four different aspects of mathematics. These are primarily subtraction, addition, multiplication, and also division
- All of the different parts of math will be learned through the use of flash cards and questions that invoke a response
- You can also get on the app and view the statistics that your child has for all of the questions that they answered. This way you can track their progress and see where they need the most help
- You can also have multiple users on this app so more than one child can practice their math skills
- You can increase the difficulty level so that your kids will raise the bar on their math skills and get even better than just learning the basics
- You can also see how long it took your child to answer each question. That will give you an idea of what their strengths are
This is a great education app to help teach your kids the basic fundamentals of mathematics. You will be able to really help your child harness his or her ability to solve equations and make sense of all those numbers that will get shoved into their face while at school. The other great thing about this app is that it has a fun and silly overtone so that your kids won’t be bored while they are learning some valuable skills. There are statistics that you can monitor in order to track your progress and see where your kids need additional help. This is essentially a digital version of math flash cards and they will have hints and tips on how to complete all of the equations. You will also have an area where it will record how long your kid took to answer each of the questions.
This app has been given a rating of 4 out of 5 stars by people that have had some time to mess with the app. You can also download the app off of the Android market for free or you can get the pro version for only $1.49.
The premise of this game is pretty simple. You will want to get a pattern of five of the Bingo Bugs all in a row by answering math problems correctly. The Math Bingo iPhone app is a great way for your kids to practice their math skills while still having a good time. You will get feedback on all of the games at the bottom of the screen and you will also see the correct answers and how you should have gotten to the solution.
- This is a great way to keep your kids occupied and teach them valuable lessons all at the same time. You can choose from four different games for your kids to try out. These include the addition game, the subtraction game, the multiplication game, and the division game. You can let your child decide which game they want to play depending on what they most need to work on
- There are also three different levels of difficulty that you can choose to be able to appeal to kids of all ages and skill levels. These three main difficulty levels include the easy level, the medium level and also the hard level
- Another nice thing about the game is the variety of different playable characters there are in the game. Your kids will love being able to choose between the eight different cartoon avatars that have been created to match kids of all different personalities
- If you have a few different kids that are wanting to play the game then you are in luck because you actually have up to 5 different player profiles saved on the game so up to five kids can have their own saved games to see their progress with their mathematical skills
- On each of the five player profiles that have been made available you can actually see how many games each one has played. This way you can get a good idea of how much your kid is practicing these different skills
- The scoreboard feature inside of the app will also help you measure the progress of your kids because it keeps track of the scores for each of the games and also the level that they were played at. This is a good way to see how to help your kids in math
- When your kids get really high scores then they can actually collect the Bingo Bugs and use them to play Bingo
This educational app has been given a rating of 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and you cand currently download it onto your phone for $0.99.