This is a classic mix up word game. The Word Mix Android app is pretty basic and easy to pick up and play. The point of the game is to guess each six letter word that is presented to move up a level. As you guess all of the different words that can be created from the letters you will get points for how fast that you do it. Some of the levels are actually pretty hard but try not to use the hints if you can help it. This is just like many of the other word mix-up Android apps like TextTwist and WordWarp.
The game offers a lot of variety and over 5000 different word puzzles. You can play in timed games, or do untimed and just see if you have what it takes to get all of the word combinations. Once you guess the words, or if they are just given to you, you can actually click on the words and see their definitions so you can start impressing your friends by using them in daily conversation.
The user interface is extremely easy to use, and this is just a solid word game for the puzzle app lover. Word games are great because they stretch you mentally and help you to expand your vocabulary. After a few hours of playing Word Mix, you will find yourself using some of the words you created throughout the day.
- Has over 5,000 different word puzzles to choose from as you go throughout the game
- Use 3 to 6 letter word combinations to find all of the words that can be created
- Can do timed puzzles as well as those that are not timed
- You can choose the mix feature to switch up the letters and possibly give you a better idea of what words can be created
- Use the “guess” button to submit a word on the list
- You can also use “hint” to get some info on the remaining words
- Connected to dictionary.com so you can look up definitions of the words once the game is over
- Easy to use controls, and very smooth
Not a bad app, but not spectacular either. It does just what it says it will do, but is really lacking in features. If you love word games then you will likely get some satisfaction from playing it but with a lack of features the replay value just isn’t there.
Voted 4 out of 5 stars by Android app users and currently costs $0.99.